New Colour Combinations using Blush Babette

>> Saturday, January 7, 2012


Hi Copic Lovers,

Alicia here.  This is my first post for the New Year at Mad for Markers and this is my first bit of colouring that I have done as well!  I must say I really enjoyed it.

 I wanted to try out some new colour combos that I havent used before and I found a big list of Colour Combos here.  I coloured two images of Blush Babette.  She is a dream to colour.  Her hair is fun and her dress has folds so it enabled me to practice those.  Sammi has her in stock for $8.50 here.


In the first image I used a new colour combo for her hair: E35, E31 and YR20.  Suzanne calls this a "golden blonde".
For her dress and socks and shoes I used: R22, R20, R00.  Suzanne calls this colour combo "peachy pinks".  You can also add R21, but I don't own that marker yet.
The skin was not a new combo.  I just used E11, E00 and R20.


For the second image I used Suzanne's dark brunette hair colour combo E50, E53, E57...but when you look at the two hair colours there is not a lot of difference between the overall looks I didnt think.
For the dress I made up my own combo BG000, B05, BG01.  The face was just E11 and E00.

For the faces and skin I coloured lightest first and then added dark, then went back with light to blend in.  But for the hair and clothes I started with the darkest first then went lighter and lighter leaving some parts of the page with no colour at all.  I find this a lot quicker to do.

Dont forget to link up your colouring and show us your new Colour Combos.
Your project doesnt have to be a card.  It can just be a coloured image in your sketch book.

Thanks for popping by and happy colouring.

Alicia xx

1 comments:

Carisa January 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM  

oooh pretty! I can't way to try that blond combo!!! Looks fab - this is one of my favorite stamps. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that hair!!!

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving us a comment :D

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP